Friday, June 5, 2009

Brussel Sprouts and Champagne

I am not sure if I can think of a more pleasant way to spend a Friday afternoon than with a bowl full of steamed brussel sprouts and a glass (or two...maybe three) of champagne. The combination is not something that I have actually tried before but as I was making garlic butter at work today the idea came to me. I had the brussels, a vegetable that I always like to have in my refrigerator, but I had to stop at the Piggly Wiggle to pick up a bottle of Lunetta Prosecco. Prosecco, techinically a sparkling wine, is light and has a very distict fruit taste-definitly apple.
The champagne brings out the deep green flavors that the brussel holds within its many layers. I sprinked a handful of fresh Pecorino-Romano over the sprouts and the cheese bites at my tongue as I swallow.
I am going to go enjoy my snack for a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment