Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cashew Nut Paella (with an Egg-Sunny Side Up)

The past two days have been full.
"Full of what?" You may ask.
Full of everything.
Absolute moving chaos reigns over all else. I am so sick of anything involved with moving that I am currently unable to discuss the any details of the event.
The first day of my LAST class began this morning at 9:45. I am trying to muster some sort of enthusiasm towards the daunting task of sitting for two hours every day for a month in an uncomfortable computer lab (I can't cross my legs underneath the desk/computer...how am I supposed to learn??) learning about information systems. The teacher seems extremely strict, which I already knew from RateMyProfessor.com and so I sat in the front row just to give myself a little automatic boost.
Today also started my week of working in the kitchen at Cru. I cored, peeled and squeezed the seeds out of 5 boxes of tomatoes. I loved it.
I made a delicious Cashew Nut Paella (recipe to follow in later post) for Baldwin and me after a really difficult day of moving. As goes with some dishes, like Paella, it was even more delectable the day after it was made. What really made tonight's dinner something to smile about is the sunny side up egg that I placed on top on the Paella. The yolk oozed over the saffron rice and vegetables with comfort like it had been there many times before.
Enjoying a night in by watching what life is like in the Obama White House on NBC.
Doing it all again tomorrow (minus the moving which, like I said, I still cannot bear to speak about).

No comments:

Post a Comment